Friday, July 6, 2012

these are the good ol' days

Dear Rhode Island,




 You never cease to amaze me! I think I'm in love with you and all you have to offer. Seriously.
I love your picturesque seascapes, and your wind beaten cottages. I love that you have great scenic routes and that all your coffee is amazing. Oh, and your food? The food that you have here is AMAZING.
Clam cakes, chowder, stuffed quahogs, burgers, homemade ice cream, iced wild berry tea, coffee milk, chouriso, fava beans, egg salad sandwiches with onions and lettuce and tomato, linguine pasta with clams and white wine sauce, crusty Portuguese rolls with pats of butter, prego no prato, fresh tomato sauce with rigatoni....
 and the list could go on forever. 




I love that you are the most patriotic state I know. I love that for the week leading up to the 4th of July, there wasn't a night without fireworks.  
I love that every store is filled with red, white, and blue, and everybody gets the week of Independence Day off.
You're truly an inspiration to us all.  


I love that you have such a mix of people here. There is such a mix of people here, it's overwhelming. There are hippies who probably don't shave their armpits and wear nothing but Birkenstocks, and there are  preppy people who will wear nothing unless it bears the J.Crew symbol, and then there are the cute retired couples who come up here to simply enjoy a quiet life by the sea..

 
I really like that.



But most of all, I think I love that there are so many places of quiet that you have. It doesn't take much for someone to find a place of quiet here. I love hiking your quiet trails, and floating on the surface of your salty bays. I love watching your breathtaking sunsets with the wind blowing my hair across my face. I love the unavoidable salt air.
I love the fact that you're like home to me.
And I always wish to come back:)
I love you dear Rhode Island! Until next time,
Graysie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!