Thursday, July 26, 2012

yesterday


It seems like yesterday that I woke up from a nap and found out that we were moving to Iwakuni. It was only yesterday when we found out that God was taking us on a big and wonderful adventure, when we felt for sure that it was God calling us out of Eastern North Carolina, and into Japan.
Surely it was only yesterday when I looked at my Daddy's face and saw that he knew we were supposed to go over there.
It was only yesterday when I felt a deep peace about packing our things, simplifying our lives and moving to the other side of the world. And it was yesterday that I looked at the place around me, and said "Let's get outta here!"
Yet here I am today.
Today I sit in a home not my own. Today I'm in the middle of transitioning to a brand new life in Japan.
Today I felt for the very first time a deep pang of sadness because we're leaving the friends that have become family.
Today, I felt so overwhelmed and like I couldn't breathe in another breath of this thick, hot, humid air.
But today....today I also heard from the Lord again. I heard his voice telling me that His plan for us was in Iwakuni; and that he never would deny me something, only to give me something better.
Today I was encouraged. And today, I looked around me and thought of all the great memories to come.
Because today we're one day closer to tomorrow....
and tomorrow is a brand new day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!