Monday, March 24, 2014

m o n d a y


Dear Monday, 

I can't believe you're here and gone, yet again. I can't believe I'm here in the same position I was last week - at the beginning of a new week. I can't believe how quickly time flies. 
But most of all, I can't believe how utterly pleasant you were this week. 
You weren't extraordinary, or out of routine...you didn't provide any uncharted plans or exciting adventures. But that's what I think I liked about you most. 
You didn't surprise me with copious amounts of calculus homework or desperate last minute tasks. 
I was sick, but you had a nap and amazing worship music to carry me through the day.
I anticipated a long, strenuous day at work, but instead, I ended my day doing the chicken dance with my Japanese students. 
That was the best. 
There were fresh strawberries from Fuji-san's farm in Kyushu, and lots of tea. There was quiet time with Jesus, and gap year planning. 
You definitely carried a to-do list - like always - but today it didn't seem as unmanageable. 
And at the end of it all, there was brilliant sunset - leaving me speechless, yet again. 

You were pleasantly simple and easy. And I needed that today, Monday. 
Thanks:) 


G

1 comment:

  1. yay, i've always loved mondays, probably because i feel sorry for it because everybody else hates mondays. :P but, simple happy days are the best kinds.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!