Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Sacred Fragrance


Well you may be wondering what I meant when I named this blog "Fragrance of his Knowledge". Well let me explain. In 2nd Corinthians you find a verse in chapter 2 verses 14-15 that says this:


"But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him.For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing."


What that means is basically this: Christ won the battle...so we should spread the good news. You see, in the Roman times, (when Paul would have written this), when the Romans would win a battle, they would parade through the streets in a magnificent procession. The people would burn fragrances on the alters, and the smell would be so great that it would fill the entire city. So even if you weren't at the parade, you would smell the fragrance. Here Paul is saying,"Look guys! Christ just won our battle and we gave nothing to win it! Lets pick up and follow him along in a great way like a big battl procession. We should have a great effect on the world like the incense had on the town, letting the people know that Christ has won and is extending sacred grace to anyone who accepts Him!"

As I discover the depth of Christ's fragrance, I hope to share it in this blog as well as in my actions. This blog is an outlet into which I can plug all my discoverys. I hope you enjoy reading my explorations in this great procession!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!