Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Italia

 
 
Today I did something completely random, and perhaps a little crazy. Today I picked up a book in the Library entitled: "Italian: Teach Yourself".
Yes, I realize that I'm already learning Japanese, brushing up on my French, and learning some Portuguese. But when I saw that Italian book on the shelf today...I couldn't help it. There's something different about Italian.
 
For starters, I absolutely love Italy. I love everything about it. I love the food, the scenery, the pace of life, the people....it's all so wonderful. I remember going to Sicily, and just being in awe of the culture. I love the passion that the people carry with them everywhere. It comes out in their words and in their hands. They speak with their whole bodies, their whole souls, and with their cooking. Don't even get me started on their food. It's so fresh. Everything that comes out of the kitchen was in the garden, or in the market just hours before....
I love that way of life.
Secondly, Italian words seem to roll around in your mouth like that first sip of coffee in the morning. Japanese is nice...but it doesn't quite have that effect on my mouth. 
I mean seriously...say this:
dolce far niete.
Isn't it beautiful? It means, "the beauty of doing nothing."
 
Oh...I was meant to be Italian.
 
So I'm learning Japanese....and Portuguese...and French...AND Italian.
Please expect to see a lot of foreign words on this blog;)
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!