Friday, June 2, 2017

hands up








"You were made for this, Graysie. The Lord wants you in Japan....you are His. He is faithful, and He is going to show you great things. Go have the time of your life - Quit letting the enemy have a foothold. Suck the best out of every moment and enjoy the journey. "
(wise words from my Nana before I left)

I was not believing this two days ago. I was nervous and anxious and feeling overwhelmed at the beginning of my big journey. It was so unlike me...but I found myself more stressed about leaving for Japan than I'd like to admit.

So many times during this trip in particular I saw ways the enemy sought to discourage me or convinced me I wasn't supposed to be in Japan. There were so many complications and delays and financial mix-ups...and I flooded our laundry room the day before I left.

But every time, the Lord provided people to speak truth into me.

We all need people to speak truth into our lives, I think...to see the Kingdom amidst the mess and to preach it's hope and steadfastness relentlessly.

I'm so thankful the Lord gives us those people.

They remind us of our vision when the enemy would have us forget.
And that's a beautiful thing.

So now, here I am.
In Japan.
And somehow, every step of the journey has come together in perfect timing.

Jehovah-jireh: He always provides.

I already see it in little details - in coffee when I really need it, in amazing free breakfasts, in ATMs at all the right places, and in bus drivers who are so eager to help me along my journey.
And when I begin to get overwhelmed, I only have to look up and I see it in familiar bamboo forests, mountains, and smells that make my eyes tear up.

It's only been 48 hours in Japan, but I can already sense the Lord moving. I feel like I'm watching a great movie play out before me. It's the coolest thing.

Here are the things I don't want to forget -

1) The amazing breakfast buffet at my hotel in Tokyo. Ya girl almost cried, ya'll. Ya girl. almost. cried.

2) Shinkansen rides through the countryside that go right past Mount Fuji. And the adorable little old men with their bentos sitting across the isle.

3) Lugging my 35lb suitcase up and down 7 floors of subway tunnels until I thought my hip was going to give out and my arms collapse.

4) Finally getting to the correct station, getting lost, and accidentally walking 3 miles out of my way in search of my university. #nowifiprobz

5) But I also don't wanna forget the sweet business men who stopped along my trek to point me in the right direction...and who sent me off with a hearty "Ganbatte ne" as I lugged my suitcase up, yet another, hill.

6) The Okasaan (auntie) of my dorm who has the sweetest laugh and funniest sense of humor.

7) Trips to the grocery store with my new flatmate, Ayumi, bags and bags of green peppers (because they were on sale), and 7-Eleven iced coffees (because jet-lag is a real thing).

8) First dinners cooked together - pork, peppers, carrots, and bamboo shoots over rice. PraisetheLordhallelujah

9) After-dinner tea and conversations in Japanese about politics and epi-pens and even the Gospel. My mind is still trying to wrap around the whole thing.

10) My bed with my futon and bean-bag pillow. Not gonna lie - I was hesitant at first, but I don't think I've slept so well in a long time. The Japanese know what they're doing with this sleep stuff.

I know this is super detailed. And it's probably redundant. But like I said, these posts are more personal, now, than anything.

So, here it begins - I've heard the steady call of his voice.
Now my hands are up - ready to soak up alllll the stomach lurching fun on this crazy ride.

6 weeks in Nagoya - I don't wanna miss a thing.

"My heart has heard you say, 'Come talk to me...come be with me'
   and my heart responds, 'Lord I am coming'
     psalm 27:8

Until next time, mata ne.

Always,
G




1 comment:

  1. Have you ever considered publishing an e-book or guest authoring on other blogs? I have a blog based on the same topics you discuss and would really like to have you share some stories/information. I know my visitors would appreciate your work. If you're even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an e mail.
    juniper berry oil for cellulite

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!