Tuesday, January 5, 2016

A December Surf.































 It's been a while since I've last posted.
And not for lack of things to post or the time to post them. 

My Christmas break has been grand.

I think all of us struggled at first to feel settled this season - things are pretty different than they have been the past few years. And if I'm honest, I was reluctant to accept the change. There was no orphanage to visit this year, and no Japanese friends to sing carols with. There were no spicy ramen shops to visit after cold surfs..nor was there any oden to pick up at 7-Elevens along the road. 

 Instead of warm ramen shops, we found small burrito joints by the beach. There was salt air and old friends...late nights and slow mornings.

And somewhere, I found peace in this season...this season of provision and faithfulness and of quiet wonder. This season of Emmanuel and of Love come down. 
It was so refreshing after a busy semester of transition and adjustment - another reminder of His constant hand in every moment. 

I could probably write one hundred posts with tons of pictures illustrating my adventures this Christmas break. But instead, I'll leave you with just a few scenes from the day after Christmas, when the surf was good and it was warm enough to wear shorts. 

Salt air is always a good thing. 

And my heart was so happy to just be near it again!

I hope you all had such a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year :) 

Always, 

G

"Noel, Noel 
Come and see what God has done..."







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!