Sunday, January 10, 2016

A Blur.



I'm back at school now.
 I returned a few days earlier than usual for some job interviews...and I realized how much I love the campus when it's quiet. It's really a beautiful place when my eyes aren't focused on navigating between crowds and when my thoughts aren't on all the homework I have due.

It was the perfect opportunity to reflect on the semester ahead.  
I think I needed a day or two to just be with the Lord before the craziness began...a calm before the storm, so-to-speak. 

Someone once told me to always live deeply - to suck the marrow out of life. I enjoyed last semester, but I think I kept my head down for most of it. I didn't look up enough. I didn't suck the marrow out of my days as much as I should have. 
That's not the way I want to approach the months ahead.
It's going to be a tough few months, but I want to tenaciously and joyfully embrace every challenge - every moment - for exactly what it is. 
There are a lot of unknowns, and some instability, but I want to live in a joyful anticipation of God's faithfulness this semester. I am thrilled to be able to experience it and to be a part of it. 

I know it's gonna be grand.

I probably sound like a cheesy college student knee-deep in motivational Pinterest quotes. 
Maybe I am. 

But I'll probably need to remind myself of this in a month when I'm drowning in papers, lab assignments, and work shifts. 
It will be okay, I'm sure. 
I've got a box full of Keurig cups, a pack of brand new pens, and some amazing scripture. 
What could go wrong?!

I'll keep you all updated:) 

Always, 
G



I did not wish to live what was not life, living is so dear; nor did I wish to practise resignation, unless it was quite necessary. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, to live so sturdily and Spartan-like as to put to rout all that was not life, to cut a broad swath and shave close, to drive life into a corner, and reduce it to its lowest terms.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!