Thursday, April 16, 2015

Philippines Part 2 - On Bohol and Good Things



































































I'm still not sure I have anything profound to say about the lessons I learned in the Philippines. 
In fact, the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that I was simply reminded of a few things...a few beautiful things.
They're not overly profound things...
They're not clouded with pretentiousness or blurred by too much thought. 
Nope - they're raw and real. 
And their naked, timeless potency chases away all complication. They provide perspective.
And they give me hope. 

They are things like the simple, striking beauty that this life holds.
Sometimes I get stuck in the mire of myself, and I forget.
I forget the richness and the vibrancy of everything around me.
But life is full of joys.
And regardless of all the hopelessness and poverty that seeks to penetrate my vision, I'm reminded that the heart of life is good. 
I'm reminded that, even for all the darkness and pitfalls, there are brighter lights and higher mountaintops.
There are bluer seas. 
And that inspires hope. 

I'm reminded of how great human beings really are. And how beautiful a smile is.

I learn again that dancing is, indeed, one of the best forms of medicine. And that music is universal.
So are friendship bracelets :)

I'm shown who I am in Christ - how I'm made perfect in His blood.
And I'm humbled by my freedom in Him. I'm reminded how completely undeserving I am of such an inheritance.
It's overwhelming, and
it fills me with so much joy.


 I realize how every little detail of my life is scripted perfectly by the Creator.
And I don't have room to fear, because I'm brought to peace by His faithfulness.
I overflow with gratitude.

I'm thankful for life's jaw-dropping beauties, and it's tiny ones too.
I'm thankful for perspective shifts and for reminders - for boat rides, clear water, grilled fish and jungle men with dreadlocks.

 I'm so thankful for the Philippines - for showing me just what I needed at the perfect time.
It isn't always complicated...life is too short.
Sometimes, it's refreshingly clear.
And for that, I'm thankful.

Life is grand:)

Always,
G


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!