Wednesday, April 9, 2014

O H A N A


















One of the things I love most about Japan is it's flowers.
I know it's simple, and it seems like the most insignificant of characteristics, but it's one of the things I noticed  first about Japan - the flowers everywhere.

There are fresh flowers sold by little ladies in street-side stands, and wildflowers growing abundantly in random fields. Every house seems to have a garden...and every festival overflowing with colorful blooms.
And because I spent my childhood surrounded by people who also love and appreciate every aspect of gardening and flowers, I felt so at home in this little flowery island-country.

It's one of the reasons Japan and I go together so well.

And so yesterday, on one of my regular trips to the neighborhood nursery, I brought my camera along to document the flowers here.
I want to remember these little daily adventures forever.
I never want to forget the little ladies who work there and help me pick out blooms, or the old man who owns the place and practices his English with us as he checks us out.
I want to remember the local strawberries, and fresh honey sold in little wooden crates...the smell of wet dirt and freshly cut grass.
I feel like a kid in a candy shop every time.
And I don't want to forget that feeling at all:)

So I'll leave you with my pictures - we'll call them my memories - and maybe you'll understand just exactly what I'm talking about:)

- G

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!