Tuesday, March 6, 2012

held.


In the midst of my family moving, there are moments when I feel that there is nothing concrete to hold onto.
Dates change, flights change, lives change....yet for some reason, there are moments when I feel as if I just need a constant.
There are days when I just want to know what's going on, and have the security that it's not going to change.
But that's never going to happen.
Because God is a god of change and movement. 

 


I begin to feel trapped, and like I don't know what to do or where to go.
Some days it's hard. Some days I just want to move and get it over with, so that our plans will cease their constant wavering.
But God is not a god that is based upon our wavering plans.

His will for my life is based upon His unchanging and unmoving  love for me.




Like a clothes on the clothesline, I may be blown here and there...but I'm always held by His love.  

Held by the pins that make me His.





His word whispers...



Don't trust in man. Don't find your comfort in those things which will fall out from under you.
The things of this world will pass away, but my love for you will last forever
Do not fear, for I am with you.
Don't be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen and help you. I will uphold you in my righteous right hand.
Don't forget where you are held

 
And I am comforted by His words. And I am learning to live by His love alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!