Saturday, April 12, 2014


I sat and thought, today. 
I thought about my Gap Year here in Japan and how much I've come to adore this country and this people - how all of it has just settled perfectly in place. It fits like a glove. 
I thought about the way the Lord brings us all to different places for specific purposes. 
What if my special place is Japan? 
I pondered the meeting I had with my lifeguards this morning - completely in Japanese - and was overwhelmed at the different person I've become since reaching Japan's crystal shores. 
For the first time in my life, I felt completely at peace - like I am exactly where I'm meant to be. I felt a profound sense of belonging and purpose here. 
Then I thought about my opportunity to study in Kyoto this fall, and my plans to savor Japan over my year here. 
They really aren't my plans at all. They're God's. 
I'm simply along for the ride. 
 And as I thought about the wonderful ride I've had, and anticipated the journey ahead, I felt so undeserving to be on this lovely, exhilarating, voyage.
 I felt the unconditional, constant, overabundant love of my Savior - covering all my undeserved brokenness with blessing and redemption. 

And to my very core, I was nothing by completely, and totally 
thankful. 

That's all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!