Friday, February 7, 2014

Hiroshima: an adventure










                                  They say there is no better way to see a city than to get lost.
                                                           I definitely can attest to that.  
Our most recent Hiroshima trip was perfectly unplanned. We arrived, not knowing if we were going to the Atomic Bomb Dome/Peace Park or to Hondori street. We really didn't have a plan...or a map. 
And by the end of our little escapade, we established a pretty expansive trail of footprints all over the city. I don't think we really would have strolled beside multiple canals, under sleeping Sakura trees, and down small busy streets if we knew where we were going. 

Needless to say, I'm pretty sure this trip we looked like a whole bunch of clueless Gaijins (foriegners) in more than one instance. 

I wouldn't way we were  lost. We were wandering. 

And I'm okay with that. 
There's something nice about uncharted waters.

We finally did get to the Peace Park, by the way. Our route was a little unconventional, but we made it. 
We strolled down Hondori street, and ate in a tiny, hidden Indian restaurant on the floor above a little shoe shop. I randomly bought a bag of doughnuts, and we continued our wandering until about 10:30pm. 
It was a day replete with good food, good friends, good conversation....a recipe for the perfect adventure. 
I'm going to miss days like these. They're refreshing. 
And they make me excited for the uncharted waters ahead:) 

always, 
G


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!