Sunday, December 9, 2012

Okinawa: Part One - Ocean Park






We arrived home from Okinawa only yesterday morning. I have to admit that it seems like a complete dream. The last time we were in Oki was 10 years ago - I was 7. Memories of that beautiful little island used to float into my dreams and my thoughts in a very imaginative fairy-tale sort of way.
That is until last week.
Last week it was almost as if all my dreams had become a reality. I know that sounds cheesy, but it's true. We finally revisited the little pacific island that I grew up on, and it was so amazing.
I have such memories of splashing and snorkeling in the East China Sea. I remember so vividly the sushi go-round that we used to eat at right next to American Village, and the ramen restaurant that has the BEST pork ramen and kimchi ever. I remember the gorgeous turquoise waters and the coral scattered on every beach. I remembered it all.
I definitely felt like I was living in a dream as we ventured all over the island last week. It was very surreal.


After we toured around our old home, and the middle part of the island known as Kadena, we decided to go up north towards Hedo Point. On the way there we made a stop by Ocean Park.
Ocean Park consists of a park (of course) and the Churumi aquarium. But it is the most immense, beautiful, ocean side park that I have ever been to! And the aquarium is amazing; it houses the biggest fish tank in the world. This tank holds 3 whale sharks and 3 manta rays along with other fish and sting rays.
I have to be honest. I was in a little bit of shock. All the blue water coupled with all the colorful fish was enough to keep me mesmerized for the day;)









I. Love. Sea. Turtles.
The whole time we were looking at the tank, I was quoting the turtle scene from Nemo.
I'm a little bit of a nerd.











This morning it snowed in Iwakuni. I still can't believe that 48 hours ago, I was in this tropical paradise that I have decided to call my second home. And if I'm honest, I can't help but wish I was still there.
But Iwakuni has it's charms, and I have learned to call it home for now.
I have made great friends while I've lived here, I have eaten great food, and I have seen some pretty great things.
I don't know what to say or do, except to give thanks and praise to my Father. I'm so overwhelmed with His blessings everyday; even the problems and struggles that come with living on the other side of the world.

He is so good. And I am so thankful to live.

Thank you for reading;)

Until next time,
G

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!