Monday, November 25, 2013


















Today, I'm thankful for: 

- The fact there is coffee waiting to be brewed bright and early tomorrow morning. Few things afford me such joy in life. 

- Japan. For all the challenges that have come with moving across the world, I can say with complete sincerity that every moment has been completely worth it and more. 
I love Japan. 
Not a day goes by that I don't thank Jesus for bringing me here. 

- East of Eden. I haven't read a book for the mere pleasure of it in a long time. I've been completely consumed in this book - and I'm loving it. 

- My little Japanese swim student - Iori. She is so full of life, and I find myself going over the lesson time just to play with her and her "hiyoko kazoku" or her family of rubber duckies. She's the bomb. 

Dear Iori's sweet Japanese mother, 
You won't mind if I abduct your child, will you?


- God's provision. He is so good. All the time. 

- This is so menial in a grand scheme of things, but I'm just gonna be honest. 
I am so thankful that I got to taste American sweet potatoes again yesterday. Granted - they were canned.... BUT, they were still orange. And that counts in my book. 

- All the leaves that blew off the trees in the storm we had last night - they glitter every surface with red and orange. 

- Vintage books. And vintage dishes and vintage records and vintage kimonos. Because seriously. Who doesn't love some vintage?

- The relationships - past and present - that the Lord has provided.


I'm trying to be more thankful this week. I don't go back to the Lord enough and simply thank Him. 
He deserves so much more thanks than I could ever hope to offer. 
So I'm purposing to try...to try my hardest during this season of Thanksgiving and beyond to make a habit of giving everything back in praise. 

Thank you, Abba:) 

G

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!